none
Change of Sign in page

Question

• My Live sign in page has changed. I have used an auto sign in for 6 years or so. Today thats gone. I have no trace of Live sign in assistant/helper.

I have trace of sign in control. I have downloaded live sign in assistant but it has failed to show. I have 3 e-mail addresses & have to sign in continuously.

I am using Win7 & IE 9.  help in large letters please.

Friday, July 1, 2011 1:29 PM

All replies

•  

You have lots of company david.  I came here with the same problem.  Problem started yesterday, June 30th. 

Hoped to find some information here, as the staff on the hotmail forums give canned answers.

Someone there mentioned it must be a problem with some kind of Hotmail wave 5 update.

I miss my email accounts and their passwords all on the same screen.

I hope microsoft is able to fix this.  Hope they KNOW about it!

Saturday, July 2, 2011 4:06 AM
  • This forum is for a blog software called Windows Live Writer. For help in Windows Live Hotmail, visit windowslivehelp.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:32 PM
  • There is a better source of information on this at an Inside Windows Live blog.  They say the problem was by design, but they are planning to give us a solution. 

I hope I never desperately need the help in the Windows Live help you suggest Sheng, because as I said earlier, they give only canned, cut-and-paste answers.  God help anyone who actually needs their help.  Hey, that's why so many came here for help!      

kmnok
    Friday, July 22, 2011 1:14 AM
  • it does not look like many people get answer here. only 8 users visited recently, and the answer rate here is less than 7%. The Windows Live writer forum over there are three times more active than here, and questions do get replies. I just looked though the first 10 pages here, most of them are without a reply before I give them the directions to post like I did earlier in this thread.

Maybe because people do know where to post, The Windows Live ID forum over there is too active, I lost count after 10 pages, and I was still looking at today's threads after 10 pages. 

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, July 22, 2011 1:31 AM
  • There is a good reason for that (low visits/answer rate etc). This forum is defunct, no longer being monitored.

The Windows Live Solution Center is the only forum supported by MSFT and Windows Live Support personnel.

Windows Live ID portal

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail
    Friday, July 22, 2011 5:18 PM
  • If they change the sign-in for millions and millions of people as they did,

and then do not tell their support people, as they did not,

it could hardly be claimed that forum is supported. 

Users were left without any support for a whole week while getting scripted, robotic type answers in that forum. 

All the time, the Windows Live development team knew exactly what they had changed, they just did not bother to tell anyone!

kmnok
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:06 AM
  • It's like that bumper sticker in the movie 'Forrest Gump'

Regardless, raising an issue on a Live ID sign-in page change or complaining about it in a defunct Live Writer forum makes about as much sense as calling Peggy for help. 

Feedback for Live ID concerns (i.e. Live ID sign in page) can optionally be submitted here:

https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlid

Good luck

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Luckily I was only doing a search to try to find any sensible comments on the issue, when I came upon the original post here.  Probably he didn't read my large print answer, but I'm not sorry I took the time.   

Having raised the issue on the Live ID help forum and having gotten nowhere, it's natural --- although senseless to you --- to try to get info elsewhere.  Why would I care whether the forum is defunct, if someone else has the same problem and has posted?

Unluckily, it seems there are always those who will put people down for complaining, and find fault with the form rather than the substance. 

That link you provide for feedback was used before I ever came here, btw.   But hey, thx for the patronage!

kmnok
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Sorry your "elsewhere" is a blogging software forum with a more miserable answer rate at 7%, probably because off-topic questions like this one that drive the community away. You will be much better off just stay in the correct forum. It is like someone can't find a bus service in a city and went into the forest with no road at all as an alternative. 

Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:53 PM
  • uh hmmm, the thing that drives the community away would be troll-like responses such yours, that have nothing to do with the original post.

At least this was the first time I wandered into this soon-to-be-defunct forum, however it looks like it's your career, so good luck with that.   

kmnok
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:16 AM
  • It is BETTER for these lost user (yes, including you) to go away than wasting their time posting in a forum that is not for them as well as saving volunteer's time that read those posts that they don't have the resource/expertise to help with.

If you are asking help online the first thing you need to do is to choose the correct forum. This forum is already drowned in irrelevancant posts like this one. If you need help in researching answers of Windows Live Writer issues or want to help others in using Windows Live Writer, this is the last thing you want to happen. You would waste most of your time in researching or reading so many irrelevancant posts in a forum supposed to be your area. People create forums or even web sites for a reason, to make those forums more focused, and make existing knowledges more visible in search enginees. Hijacking an irrelevancant forum maybe your interest, but it does not benifit anyone, including yourself. You are not going to get the expertise in your desired area. They are the experts, they know where their expertise is best useful for the community, that is to not patrol the forums that waste their time on a large percentage of posts irrelevancant to them. 

Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:38 AM
  • If it is your goal to keep the forum on topic and active, this is an example of a failure in that.  But you're right about one thing, no experts here at all.

You appear very emotional about your desire to achieve a forum that is on topic, so I won't belabor the valid point that by continuing to post off-topic and in rambling, accusatory fashion, you have become the very hijacker you claim to deplore.

David's post led me here, but I would not have described it as hijacking anything, just a plea for help.  Some people like to be helpful, others not so much.  Since you fall into the 2nd category, it is a mystery why you waste your time here.

kmnok
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Helping a user to learn a good habit to find the correct forum would save both the user's wating time in the WRONG forum and volunteer's time in irrelevancant posts. It is more important than helping the user to solve one problem with limited or no expertise that can do more harm than good.

Do you often teach your child to ask math questions in the literature class? That is what you are suggesting us to do. Although the literature teacher may be able to remember the math education from decades ago it is not what they go to the classroom for, and is distracting others. Answering the question would officially lower the bar of entry and encourage other people to join the discussion. Now you have a class that nobody want to teach because the discussion topics are not defined and teachers are trained for less than 10% of the questions. So they just quit teaching the class and go to more focused class. That's the state of this forum. Are you happier now?

You are the precisely the kind of user misled by off-topic posts, don't let one anwer out of kindness to fool you to think that the class suddenly changed topic.

Visual C++ MVP

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:50 AM
  • Well, since it's a fact I joined this hapless forum only on July 2nd, and I responded out of kindness in only this one thread, and have posted no -- that's nil, zilch, zippo, zero -- original topics, it's too early for you to declare what kind of user I am, much less to precisely declare it.  You have too little experience in the matter.  

Imo, that recent act of joining absolves me of any responsibility for this forum's general sad state.  Don't rant at one for what others have done.  

Regardless, I have now located the remove alerts little bell button at the top, since not checking below seemed to have no effect, and I hope to no longer receive your endless tirades in my email. 

Heaven!  Yes, happier now.   

kmnok
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:24 AM
  • Good, one less disrupting child out of class, maybe to the better hands of a right class.

Let's hope the lecturer can continue on the original topic.

Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:31 AM