70-688 question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am practicing for my 70-688 exam en have some troubles with a practice question which I pasted at the bottom of this post.  Since multiple sources give different answers I hope that some people at this place can help me understand.

I already found some information on technet:

Testing recovery

Before you create a thorough BitLocker recovery process, we recommend that you test how the recovery process works for both end users (people who call your helpdesk for the recovery password) and administrators (people who help the end user get the recovery password). The –forcerecovery command of manage-bde is an easy way for you to step through the recovery process before your users encounter a recovery situation.

To force a recovery for the local computer

1.Click the Start button, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.

2.At the command prompt, type the following command and then press ENTER:

manage-bde -forcerecovery                  <Volume>              

To force recovery for a remote computer

1. On the Start screen, type cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.

2.At the command prompt, type the following command and then press ENTER:

manage-bde. -ComputerName                  <ComputerName>                 -forcerecovery                  <Volume>

But still there might be multiple options. Answer A and C could be right… but with answer C and D you might be able to do it for the user remotely.

What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance.

You administer computers that run Windows 8 Enterprise and are members of an Active Directory domain.

Some volumes on the computers are encrypted with BitLocker. The BitLocker recovery passwords are stored in Active Directory. A user forgets the BitLocker password to local drive E: and is unable to access the protected volume.

You need to provide a BitLocker recovery key to unlock the protected volume.

A. Ask the user to run the manage-bde -protectors -disable e: command.
    B. Ask the user for a recovery key ID for the protected drive.
    C. Ask the user for his or her logon name.
    D. Ask the user for his or her computer name.

• Edited by nck1337 Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Using a braindump or non Microsoft approved exam prep is not allowed so we cannot answer your question in this forum. Please use exam preps authorized by Microsoft.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:58 AM
    Answerer