Help with visual studio 2013 ultimate edition RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working with visual studio 2012 ultimate before 2013 came out.

sometimes I am testing new stuff I learn at some of my projects, but in 2013 I have found out that when I am changing something in my project even if I do not manually save the project after I change stuff, the project is automatically saving the changes.

I mean if I change stuff at my project it is saving the changes automatically.

How can I change the visual studio settings so I would save changes only manually, and even if I run the project/build it, it would not save the changes until I will save them manually???

please help me its is very important to me.

• Moved by Eason_H Friday, November 15, 2013 6:52 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 3:21 PM

Answers

• When you build the project all changes will be saved.  This has been the case in every version/edition of VS.

What are you trying to achieve?  What are you using as your source code control system?

Paul Linton

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:46 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps you could ask in the Visual Studio Editor forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, November 15, 2013 3:51 PM

All replies

• When you build the project all changes will be saved.  This has been the case in every version/edition of VS.

What are you trying to achieve?  What are you using as your source code control system?

Paul Linton

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:46 PM
  • Hi dusrdev,

I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C#. I will move your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 6:51 AM
  • Hello,

Perhaps you could ask in the Visual Studio Editor forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, November 15, 2013 3:51 PM