One care trial offer RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to sign up for the One Care free trial offer and after installing it directs me to a pay subscription page. How can I try the software for free before purchasing it?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:44 PM

Answers

• If you plan to use it in trial mode, you simply don't activate. If OneCare reports that the trial has expired, though, you need to check the date and time on your PC.

-steve

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:32 PM

All replies

• If you plan to use it in trial mode, you simply don't activate. If OneCare reports that the trial has expired, though, you need to check the date and time on your PC.

-steve

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:32 PM
  • Stephen,

The current status on my One Care is "At risk" Is this a settings thing or do I have to subscribe to be protected?

Thanks

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:42 PM
  • If you open OneCare it will (or should) tell you what action you need to take to be Green/Good. You do not need to subscribe unless the trial has expired, which can happen prematurely if your PC date and time are incorrect. The most likely reason, though, after installation is that you need to configure the network - identify it as Home/Work or Public, or you need to configure backup - which can also be turned off in the settings.

-steve

Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:15 PM