WHS 2011 - Stream FLAC. RRS feed

• Question

• Had this working before performing a fresh install on WHS 2011. Same setup this time, and can't get it to work

• WHS 2011
    • FLAC Codec installed (Open Codecs http://www.xiph.org/dshow/)
    • FLAC Tag support installed (WMP Tag Plus 1.2)

Through the "Remote Web Access" site it lists all the FLAC audio under Music, but does not read the tags, and puts them all in one Unknown Album, but if I open WMP on the HomeServer WMP Tag Plus is enabled and all Audio loads correctly with tags and covers (folder.jpg in each folder). I know the 2 don't use the same database, but it shows that the Tags are readable.

I've tried:

• Clearing and recreating WMP's database to no change (didn't expect one as they're not related).
    • Clearing the WMP Network Database - stopped the service in the Dashboard, stopped the service in Services.msc, renamed the database file in "C:\Users\MediaStreamingAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player", rebooted, started the services (in Dashboard, other service autostarts) and had it recreate the database.
    • Recreating the file index (Under Indexing Options on the server).

All to no change.

Like I've said, I had this working fine previously, the issue is obviously the tags not being read by the WMP Network Service/Streaming Service when it creates the database. How can I make this happen? Or anyone have a way to get what I want working working?

Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Did you solve the issue in the meantime? I am currenty also struggling with Streaming FLAC from my WHS 2011. I installed both, the xiph codec and WMP Tag Plus and have exactly the same issue. It seems as if WMP tag plus integrates into the local WMP only, but not into the Media Server Service so it cannot read the FLAC tags...

Did you find any other solution or Media Server working well (as Service) on WHS 2011 to stream FLAC audio?

cheers, Wolfgang

Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:34 PM