What is Live Mesh syncing? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently added my Documents folder to my mesh and after a lot of uploading, it was finally synced. Or so I thought. Now I see Live Mesh is uploading data the next day (or two), I've noticed chunks of 50MB, 70MB, 200MB, but the news pane only lists a couple of .csv files that I have updated. If I haven't updated any files, what is Live Mesh uploading? It's annoying it doesn't say what it's uploading, and there's no easy way to find out what is synced and what isn't.
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Any changes to the data, or metadata, of files that you have added to your mesh will initiate a sync; and since we have not yet implemented delta sync, Live Mesh will upload/download the entirety of any changed file.  If you haven't made any changes, and are still seeing file sync behavior, please go ahead and submit a bug report with your logs attached so that we can take a closer look.  Instructions for collecting logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

We've had a number of requests to have Live Mesh provide more information about what it is synchronizing, and how much progress is being made.  I've gone ahead and added your vote for this suggestions to our internal list.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 9:08 PM