Microsoft Money needs to come back yesterday. RRS feed

• Question

• please bring back ms money. I don't really like quicken and ms money sunset plus. I like ms money 2004 delux so many more options than sunset. if was possible clean it up a little and give it a better spending view. 
    Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:49 PM

All replies

• This is a user-supported forum and Microsoft does not monitor it or actively support it.  So they are unlikely to hear your plea and even less likely to consider re-introducing a program that has been unsupported for 5 years.

But I think that most users of the forum agree with you that Money is a fine program and could be even better with some relatively minor improvements.

Just out of curiosity:

- what options do you find in Money 2004 that are missing from Sunset?

- what would you like to see in a spending view that you can't get from the report interface?

Bill Becker

Sunday, November 30, 2014 2:20 AM
  • I was a dedicated MS Money customer.  Every year or two I'd upgrade.  When they stopped making it, I kept using it until my hard drive crashed.  I tried a couple of versions of Quicken... what a mess.  Thankfully I found MS Money Sunset Edition, which I'm using now in Windows 8.  The only thing missing is the ability to automatically download stock quotes.  

I don't think they could bring back MS Money the way it was.  They'd need to modernize it.  Make it mobile.  Create an app in Windows 8/10.  I can see it now...  "Cortana!  How are my finances?"  Cortana's answer:  "Ask your boss for a raise, save and invest."

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:40 AM
  • Yes, adapting Money to a mobile environment would be required.  Given Microsoft's record in that arena, I'm not sure I'd want to use the result.  And I'm sure that Cortana would not be on my list of needed improvements.

As for stock quote downloading, see:

https://gaiersoftware.com/Money

for a really nice add-on.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:51 AM
  • ditto

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:44 AM