none
WHS is not detecting the NIA RRS feed

• Question

• WHS says it installed completely, shows the Network as being "Healthy" yet the motherboard's Network Interface Adapter (NVidia NForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet) is not showing in the Devices list, nor is there any network connectivity, nor are the network connection led's lit. Additionally, several motherboard interfaces (Audio device, PCI Bridge Device and SM Bus Controller) cannot be installed because the drivers that came on the motherboard installation CD report back a "Does Not Support This Operating System" message. This is a brand new Asus P5N-D motherboard. All interfaces work perfectly when running Windows 7 from a separate drive partition. When running WHS, an IPCONFIG command reports back "Windows IP Configuration", and that's it. Again, no sign of the WHS OS seeing the on-board NIC. It is turned on in Asus Bios as is UPnP device support. WHS was installed first on a virgin drive. Should I be looking to add XP device drivers or Windows Vista/7 device drivers, or is there something else I should try?

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:51 AM

All replies

• I took a look at the available drivers for your board from ASUS and there are Win2003 drivers. I'd try those first. XP drivers usually work as well. My WHS is installed with all XP drivers that weren't detected during install, since my board doesn't list 2003 drivers.

Go here:  http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

There are drivers for your board for Win2003 and XP (32bit).

The Win2003 network driver is this one under chipset: nForceC55MCP51_Networking_RIS.zip

The driver for WinXP is about a year newer, so it could be a better choice if it works.

D

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:09 AM
  • Windows Home Server is based on Windows Server 2003. Check to see if your motherboard manufacturer offers drivers for that OS for your motherboard. Failing Windows Server 2003 drivers, use XP drivers.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:55 AM
  • I have the same problem that occurred after an windows update on 14th of April. I too have a Nvidia NForce board, it being an EVGA 650i. This has happened before with an update about a year ago and had to make registry edits detailed in:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=44038&st=40

However this hasn't worked this time. To get round this I have inserted another network card. I bet there are other Nvidia boards that has exhibiting these symptoms at the moment.

Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:11 PM