Alert of Activation key invalid on my Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Almost 2 month ago I bought a HP Pavilion DV9000 and I comes with Windows Vista Home Premium.

Well the same day I bougth I registered my Windos Vista and everything was going fine.

Two days ago I formated the laptop because I had a lot of staff taking much space on the computer, so, I reinstall Windows Vista with the DVD that came with the laptop, but now why am I receiving this message that my Activation Key is invalid?

I have the label here in my computer, I bought the laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, so, why am I receiving this message, what is wrong?

How do I solve this problem. I have bought a laptop with a original Windows Vista Home Premium, so I have here installed a Windows Vista Home Premium that came with the laptop? What is wrong?

I need an answer, please

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:10 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Nielsen,

It appears that to resolve your issue, you must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please follow the below option that that best fix your given issue scenario:

a) If you have access to the Start button: Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

b) If you do not have access to the Start button: Reboot and login to Vista, a dialog window will come up. In that window, click the option "Access computer with redused functality". Once you do that, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser will open. In the address bar type "c:\windows\system32\slui.exe" press enter and follow steps to Activate over the Phone.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:42 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Nielsen,

It appears that to resolve your issue, you must Activate Windows using the "Activate by Phone" method. Please follow the below option that that best fix your given issue scenario:

a) If you have access to the Start button: Click the Start button, and type in "slui.exe 4" in the search field and then press the "Enter" key. This will bring up the Activate by Phone dialog window. Follow the steps provided by the window. The phone activation process should only take about 6 minutes.

b) If you do not have access to the Start button: Reboot and login to Vista, a dialog window will come up. In that window, click the option "Access computer with redused functality". Once you do that, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser will open. In the address bar type "c:\windows\system32\slui.exe" press enter and follow steps to Activate over the Phone.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:42 PM
  • I also bought HP desktop with preloaded Vista Home Prem.   I activated Vista upon first bootup,

but months later I am trying to get tech support from Microsoft via email support and I can't

get past the "pay" screen as the M/S computer doesn't reconigize my activation key number.

My HP refuses to allow any KB upgrades.  I get "update does not apply to your system."

Any ideas???? on any of the 2 problems.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 3:01 AM
  • good morning,

when you purchase a system with preloaded software, MS does not provide any technical assistance.  had you purchased a retail version, MS would offer tech. support.

jatman

Thursday, November 1, 2007 7:29 AM
  • The same thing is happening to me, but i purchased a toshiba A135 - S4527 model. Now i really dont know what to do and i only have 4 days left to activate and on top of that i have no darn credit card to do the activation required online.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:57 PM
  •  

you do not need a credit card unless the software is cracked or stolen.  if legit, no cost, just phone and you will be forwarded to tech support.  they will ask you for the information that comes up on the screen (when you select activiate by  phone,) they will tell you what to enter into the blank spaces, then it takes about 10 seconds and it's done.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:10 AM