Microsoft should choose competent testing centres RRS feed

• Question

• So I went to do my exam to do. I booked a month ago and waited a month do. However due to some miss-management by the two companies involved (prometric and saxxons traning brisbane) not being on the same page. I booked an exam on a day the training center wasn't open. Both companies just blamed each other and niether took responsibility. But I am the one who has to pay. Waited a month to do my exam. Now I have to wait another month. And niether company cares enough to offer any type of resolution or special service. I just have to get another number and get back in line. Now I am going to miss the January job intakes. Nothing has ever been so frustrating.

And apparently I am not the first to deal with this retarded situation.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm sympathetic to your situation; the companies involved let you down. Not sure Microsoft could be blamed for this but I appreciate anger tends to be directed in all directions.

Reason I posted is you are not going to miss the January intake. You haven't got the qualification but you have an exam booked and thats all right, it might not feel perfect but it's not as bad as having a job interview and not having the exam booked. Also hiring can be slow and that might give you time to get the exam prior to any interview. Also it's really experience that's more important and certifications are great, for some as not everyone thinks they are great, so anyway point is...

You have not missed the January job intake! or at least I don't believe you have.

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination." - Fred Brooks
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:52 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let me start by saying I'm sympathetic to your situation; the companies involved let you down. Not sure Microsoft could be blamed for this but I appreciate anger tends to be directed in all directions.

Reason I posted is you are not going to miss the January intake. You haven't got the qualification but you have an exam booked and thats all right, it might not feel perfect but it's not as bad as having a job interview and not having the exam booked. Also hiring can be slow and that might give you time to get the exam prior to any interview. Also it's really experience that's more important and certifications are great, for some as not everyone thinks they are great, so anyway point is...

You have not missed the January job intake! or at least I don't believe you have.

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination." - Fred Brooks
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:52 AM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:27 PM
  • I know it isn't microsoft's fault. It is all out sourced...to companies that don't care about the users. Anyway I need these because I don't have any recent experience after spending 4 years abroad. 
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:56 PM
  • Anyway I need these because I don't have any recent experience after spending 4 years abroad. 

Certifications won't make-up for missing 4 years of experience.  Neither will training.

Why do you need to wait a month?

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, January 6, 2012 12:18 AM
  • But it will help me get my foot in the door. I am just going to start low. 

Ok I booked my exam on dec1 for january 5th. They all book in advance and because it has been a month all of january positions are full.

Friday, January 6, 2012 3:18 AM
  • But you know the stuff since you have just studied the material. You should know the subject matter. It's no problem.

Put in your resume that the exam has been booked and the qualification is pending, with the date of the exam. If you tell potential employees what's happening then it shouldn't really go against you. Then in the interview you can explain, as positively as you can, the situation. Maybe even put a small & very brief explaination in the resume.

Your not in as bad a place as you think. Carry on as though you have the qualification. Why not?

Friday, January 6, 2012 8:08 AM