quesiton for Windows server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• You are the network administrator for a graphic design studio. You have two servers running Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition. Last week you installed a newly released service pack on the server. You are experiencing some problems with RRAS and investigate the problem on the Microsoft Web site. You find a Knowledge Base article, dated a month ago, that offers a solution to your problem by installing the service pack prior to the one you just installed. What should you do?

a.

Install the older service pack, and then reapply the newer service pack.

b.

Uninstall the newer service pack, reapply the older service pack, and then reapply the newer one.

c.

Install the older service pack.

d.

Nothing. Keep looking for more information.

Monday, April 24, 2006 9:01 PM

Answers

• Pls try with Option b

This should work.

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried Option a. I think there will be no problem in going with that.

Also , can you provide more information about the problem you faced?

regards,

Thursday, August 3, 2006 9:56 AM
  • Pls try with Option b

This should work.

Monday, August 28, 2006 11:03 AM
  • u should try option A
    Friday, February 9, 2007 6:04 PM
  • my suggestion would none of the choices

just backup your important data,,,

wipe up the hard-drive and do a fresh install of OS without installing the Service pack.

after installing the OS, try to download the new version of service pack from microsoft website and then install it
    Saturday, February 10, 2007 9:55 AM
  •  

none of the above...

If you already un-installed the newer pack and were not planning to do so with the older, then what's the point of uninstalling any pack; especially just the newer one. Like answered above; best practice would be to start over again.

This is a break

AvOiD CaPs In HtMl-CoDe; xHtMl Is NeAr.

Monday, August 13, 2007 2:38 AM
  • Very Good First post
    Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:36 AM
  •  

Thank you !!!

I was not sure how to respond and if I should.

I appreciate such a thank you very much.

Boosts my confidence.

Regards, Shems.

*When the Machine shuts down, we shut down."

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:06 AM
  • i have a problem to opening or accessing microsoft website. microsoft website is not opening on newly installed windows server 2003. i'm fadeup of it. nothing is opening from micrsoft website neither updates, activation and anything else regarding microsoft plssssss helppppp
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:58 AM