How to map custom entities related to quote with custom entities in order? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear Readers,

I couldn't find a solution to this issue hence eventually posting it in the forum to be addressed.

I have created a custom entity A and have related it to the quotes which obviously shows up at the navigational panel of Quotes. Similarly I have created a custom entity called B and have related it to the Orders. When I convert quotes to orders I want to bring all the data(attributes) in custom entity A into B. I have created a relationship between A and B and have mapped the attributes also but I guess that is not going to solve the issue. I want entities A and B to function exactly like quote product and order product in terms of data flow when quote is converted into order. How can I achieve this?

Thanx in advance for your valuable supports....

Best

Prince

Saturday, February 7, 2009 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The mapping will not work in your scenario. It works only when you create a related object from the context of a particular entity (entity A and quote in your example) and a relationship with mapping exists between those entities.
    In order to solve your issue, consider using a wokflow on the appopriate event on the quote object. Once the workflow is triggered, it should create an object of type entity B and propagate it with requested data from entity A related to the quote. Another solution would be to create a plugin that would perform similar operations.

Regards,
    Kuba Skałbania
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 9:31 PM