Live Meeting login names RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

why is it not possibe to use the UPN name of the user to authenticate? Also in the Communicator the user must use the format domain\usernamen. It is
    very user unfriedly with domain\user to authenticate and the Sign-In name is
    the users email address for example.

Regards,
    Jens Hartmann
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:27 AM

Answers

• This is a known issue and will be addressed with the RTM version.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 10:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Jens,

I am not sure exaclty why you are experiencing the UPN sign-on problems.  All I can tell you is that I am able to sign into Communicator using the UPN for the user name both internally and through the Edge server and also can log into Live Meeting web conferences through the Edge server using the user UPN at the Windows challenge box or by manually configuring the user UPN name and password through the Advanced configuration of the user account in the Live Meeting client itself.

Do you have multiple domains?  Any other information that might be helpful?

Pete

Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:45 PM
  • hi i have the same problem.

Do i have to configure something to let my users sign-in with the upn?

i have a domain example.local and a sipdomain example.local. my UPN is example.com. i only can sign-in with username@example.local. Do i have to configure something extra?

Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:59 PM
  • I see the difference.  My domain name, sip, and e-mail address are all the same:  testdomain.com.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:06 PM
  • Hi Pete,

I have these problems with external Communicator users but the main thing is for Live Meeting users: I have an externall user with a normal PC in a Workgroup at home for example. So he must enter a sign-In Name (his email for example). This is ok. But now he must also enter for authentication in the Advanced menu his username and password. And this username is only accepted in the format domain\username. Here I would like that the user can also inserts his UPN.

Do you know what I mean?

Regards,

Jens

Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:16 PM
  • This is a known issue and will be addressed with the RTM version.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 10:33 PM