Mesh Operating Environment Has Stopped Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been using Windows Live Sync Beta for a while now with zero issues. I have a Windows 7 Laptop and Windows 7 Desktop that I have this installed on. I brought my laptop home and started it up and I keep getting "Mesh Operating Environment Has Stopped Working".

I've un-installed and re-installed twice now but still get the same error. The message keeps poping up over and over again in approximately 5 minute intervals.

Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

-- Val
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 10:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• See: What is the forum for Live Sync Beta? 

This forum is for the old Live Mesh beta/preview. If you are using the Live Sync beta for Wave 4 of Windows Live Essentials, this isn't the forum for you.

If you are running the Live Mesh beta, and an uninstall/reinstall has failed to resolve it, the first thing I would try is to remove the PC from your Mesh at www.mesh.com and then uninstall. Then, see this sticky - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/e22e0115-98d1-47eb-b495-ff3e10acb0a6 for steps to clean out the Mesh Registry entries. Is the laptop normally domain joined?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Didn't realize this wasn't for the beta forum. I clicked on the Connect with other Live Mesh users to find answers, tips, and more. link from the Live Sync Beta site and it took me to here.

Based on the link you provided, looks like there is no support forum. I'm assuming that support would be available under the Connect program?

I did not remove the laptop from the Mesh. I'll give that a shot nor did I clean out the registry entries. I'll post back the results here whatever happens. Hopefully it will work.

Have a great day.

-- Val
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:16 PM
  • Steve,

I'm back in business. I followed the instructions from the following link: http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!8B3F39C76A8B853F!15345.entry?sa=436358289. I had to make some slight adjustments since this article was referring to Messenger but I uninstalled all of the Beta products, deleted the registry entries (including the ones that read Live Mesh or Sync), re-booted and re-installed. It's all good now.

Thanks again for helping out. Appreciate it.

Val
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Glad to read that you resolved it. Thanks for the update.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 2:25 PM