Send direct email to inactive contacts. RRS feed

• Question

• Hopefully a simple one here.

My understanding was that when you deactivate a contact in CRM 2011, it prevents any further action from taking place against the contact.  I have since discovered this not to be true since you can do a 'Send Direct Email' from filtered views.

Whilst I can get round this by setting up a workflow to change the contact preferences to not allow email/bulk email before deactivating them, I was wondering what the reason was as to leave this function in the system?

Can anyone confirm why this might be?  I can only presume for marketing eshots.

Many Thanks

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:05 PM

Answers

• You can technically perform any activity against a deactivated record.  This is essentially because some buinsess processes validly have actions that must be taken on deactivated records.

And yes, Drip Campaigns for marketing is commonly one of those.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:26 PM

All replies

• You can technically perform any activity against a deactivated record.  This is essentially because some buinsess processes validly have actions that must be taken on deactivated records.

And yes, Drip Campaigns for marketing is commonly one of those.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:26 PM
  • In addition to Wayne's response, there could be other technical or functional reasons that Microsoft chose this design but only a Microsoft Product Manager or other Microsoft Dynamics CRM related employee would most likely be able to provide that information

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:13 PM