Possibility of Creating Template forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need a clarification on whether there is a possibility of creating template forms, my basic requirement behind this question is, I need to create a entity A with some pre-defined data(records) this is constant all over application and which is updated in relation to another entity for eg. say entity B and then when a new record of entity B is created only the pre-defined data has to be available and not the updated one, Please help me and let me know if at all this is feasible through any kinda workarounds

Thanks in advance

Vinod P.

Vinod P

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:46 PM

All replies

• Are you taking about having a template entity A which will have multiple templates so that when I create records of entity B, I could select any one of the template records from A and all data will be copied from A to B?

I could approach this problem with below possible solutions:

1. Create 1:N relation from A to B. (B will get a lookup attribute where the source template record A will be set). Map all related attributes from A to B in relationship. Now open any template A and create a related B record, it should show a new record form with prepopulated values.

2. If you don't want to create a relationship between A & B, use javascript to do data copy. Create a button in form of B to open a lookup of A or custom silverlight/html record selector of A. Programatically copy all attribute values of selected record A into form of B

- Arvind

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:21 PM