Problem With Live One Tune-Up RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently did the Protection Scan at the Live One Site, where it among other things looks for and fixes Registry problems. I have ran this once before with no problems. But after this one I went to do a Live One Tune-Up mainly for the delete temporary files part like I do a lot & a window popped up saying "Error-INF install Failure:Acess is denied". What is this? I tried over and over and it keeps doing the same thing and skips to the virus scan. I did a System Restore to before I did the Protective Scan, PC said it was restoring my Registry, but after it still gives me the same error message. What gives?

• Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, April 9, 2010 11:19 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, April 9, 2010 11:21 PM Off topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Tune-up)
    Friday, April 9, 2010 10:54 PM

All replies

• This forum is for the discussion of the installed version of Windows Live One Care. You can get help with the Live Safety Scanner here - http://boards.msn.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, April 9, 2010 11:21 PM
  • This is a problem with my installed version of live one, I was only stating that the error message: "INF Install Failure Reason: Acess is Denied" only ever happened since I did that scan. but since i did a restore to previous settings that the scan might have changed and live one tune-up still gives me the error message I can only conclude that it's a live one Tune-Up Problem. Thanks.
    Friday, April 9, 2010 11:25 PM
  • For anyone else getting this error message when they start Live One Tune-Up, after some research, someone said to Un-Install the windows live "Saftey Scanner" so I did and BAM! problem fixed! No More ERROR Message! I Suggest if you want to run the Saftey Scan, dothe download, run it & let it fix your Registry and stuff, then PROMPTLY Un-Install it & do a restart. Don't Leave it on your PC it seems to mess with LIVE ONE Tune-Up and who knows what else...
    Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:11 AM