Separate Organizational Unit with OCS Groups in Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am wondering if this possible with Active Directory and OCS.  

I have a Standard Edition Front-End connect to my Active Directory.  I have created a new Organizational Unit in AD and added some of my OCS users to this OU.  From here I have created some AD Distribution Groups.  When I try and add these groups to Communicator I don't see them showing up and don't seem to be able to bring them down.

I have tried refreshing the address book on the client (to the extent of deleting it) but have not been able to do this.

My question is whether this configuration is possible?

Thanks - Greg.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:33 AM

Answers

• hi
    Per your description, you have created some Distribution Groups in AD, and you want to add these groups to contact list in the Communicator, but you could not see them shown up.
    Right?

If so, do you have Exchange 2007 in your domain.
    If you have exchange 2007 server,You can do below procedure and try again.
    1. open the EMC -> recipient configuration -> distribution group -> create new distribution group for the that you created in the AD
    2. on your FE server: run the abserver -syncnow
    3. on your client end: sign out the OC -> sign in the OC
    Then you will get the distribution in the search pan.

And about you move the user to other OU, it cannot affecte the issue your referred.

Hope this help!
    Regards!
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:31 AM

All replies

• The addressbook service re-generates only once a day
    You can force it by running : abserver -syncnow or wait until the addressbook has finished the sync at night

Check the eventlog for errors
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:41 AM
  • Yes I have done this, both waited and triggered the sync.  But I still cannot add the new group that belongs to this OU into my communicator.

Is this scenario possible?  Are other people doing it?
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:01 PM
  • There can be a problem with ACLs
    When the Address book service account cannot access the OU it cannot add items to the addressbook
    Check wether the RTCService account has sufficient rights.

Is that OU located in the same domain as the other users/groups in the addressbook?
    You may try to move the group to another OU that has users/groups in addressbook
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:13 PM
  • hi
    Per your description, you have created some Distribution Groups in AD, and you want to add these groups to contact list in the Communicator, but you could not see them shown up.
    Right?

If so, do you have Exchange 2007 in your domain.
    If you have exchange 2007 server,You can do below procedure and try again.
    1. open the EMC -> recipient configuration -> distribution group -> create new distribution group for the that you created in the AD
    2. on your FE server: run the abserver -syncnow
    3. on your client end: sign out the OC -> sign in the OC
    Then you will get the distribution in the search pan.

And about you move the user to other OU, it cannot affecte the issue your referred.

Hope this help!
    Regards!
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:31 AM
  • hi
    Any update for you issue?

Regards!
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 10:21 AM
  • No I have not, sorry for the delay.  I only got back onto this yesterday.

I have a separate OU with 5 AD Security Groups, I have added OCS Enabled Users to those OUs.  I have run the ABSERVER.exe -syncnow command this has not changed anything.

Greg
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:20 PM