Problem with login Authentication Error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello guys, I have a question;

We had an user in CRM 3 who was accesing our CRM from computer #1.The user is now disabled because of changing the job (leaving to another company) and we had new user who canot acess to his CRM from the same computer #1 because he is getting this error:

Authentication Error

Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator.

there should be a login form, insted of that is error Tongue Tied

I have deleted tempoary internet files and cookies and browsing history in explorer, but it still doesnt fix the problem.

Please help me. 

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Kereira,

Not that I am aware of.  A disabled user is exactly that, disabled.  However you might want to try and remove the trusted / local intranet settings for the CRM server on the disabled user's PC.  This would inadvertantly cause a challange response when trying to access CRM and will thus allow the user to enter credentials.  Credentials should then be entered as:

DOMAIN\Username with the corresponding password.

However, I am not 100% sure that this would work as further on during usage the user might be prompted for the same credentials again and again.

Also, I am not 100% sure of the legalities around this regarding licensing.

Thanks.

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Kariera,

I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the new user log in using the old user's Windows profile? (Windows Domain Logon)
    2. Does the new user have a user created for his/her domain logon in CRM?
    3. Does the CRM user have roles associated with it?

I know these sound like silly questions but let's start at the beginning.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:37 AM
  • 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:44 AM
  • Hi Kariera,

You have to have at least 1 role associated with the user otherwise it will not be able to log in.  Also when associated the role ensure that under the business management tab of the role, the user has write permissions against user settings.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:46 AM
  •  

Hello, let me tell you the whole picture

We have 10 CRM licences so we often enable or disable an user. At the moment all licenses are full of course.

I have assigned an role and that user can sign in now. But another user #2 which account was disabled so that the user with #1 could have its own CRM login is now getting that error. Is there any possible way that user (which of course is disabled and has an role assigned) can get login form for CRM insted of an Autentication error vhen he is acessing CRM URL

Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:23 AM
  • Hi Kereira,

Not that I am aware of.  A disabled user is exactly that, disabled.  However you might want to try and remove the trusted / local intranet settings for the CRM server on the disabled user's PC.  This would inadvertantly cause a challange response when trying to access CRM and will thus allow the user to enter credentials.  Credentials should then be entered as:

DOMAIN\Username with the corresponding password.

However, I am not 100% sure that this would work as further on during usage the user might be prompted for the same credentials again and again.

Also, I am not 100% sure of the legalities around this regarding licensing.

Thanks.

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:11 AM