Document Management Ribbon Variances RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an on premise 2011 with update 2 installed.

When I enable document management in an entity and then add a document location, there does not appear to be a way to share the new location from the form.  I see the ribbon below of which neither option allows me to do much more than add\update a label and a link.

When I go to the document management entity I see a different ribbon where I can share out an entry and do much more.  Am I missing something or is there a gap in functionality?

Scott Clancy
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott, most CRM form ribbons provide a feature which allows you to Share the record, E-mail a Link or Copy a Link. But the Document Location is not a CRM record so these actions are not available.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:17 AM
  •  

I am not sure I get that.  All I would be modifying is a record in CRM that point to a file or sharepoint site.  All I want to do is expose that link to other users.  If they do not have the rights to access the content it's linked to then they don't get access.

If I can share the location record from within the document management entity, it does not make sense I could not do it from with in locations linked to entites from within system.  So I can share the location object, I just have to go through more hoops to get there.

Scott

Scott Clancy
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:13 PM