Exclude/Include Files by extension RRS feed

• Question

• Using 0.9.4014.7 on Windwos XP
    Want to put a folder where I do Visyual Studio development, but want to
    avoid object, source code browser, and database files being Meshed.
    Alternatively, I could say I want just the source files and the project file
    Meshed.
    Is that possible?

TIA,
    Bill

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 12:18 PM

Answers

• No, that's not an option in Live Mesh - the current beta or the Live Sync Wave 4 beta. When a folder is designated for Sync, all files and folders within will sync (except for dis-allowed types - there's no facility to add to this list of types).

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:37 PM

All replies

• No, that's not an option in Live Mesh - the current beta or the Live Sync Wave 4 beta. When a folder is designated for Sync, all files and folders within will sync (except for dis-allowed types - there's no facility to add to this list of types).

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:37 PM
  • "Stephen Boots" <=?utf-8?B?U3RlcGhlbiBCb290cw==?=> wrote in message news:549a51ff-3e1b-491c-b1c0-dd6f8df4f3a7...

No, that's not an option in Live Mesh - the current beta or the Live Sync Wave 4 beta. When a folder is designated for Sync, all files and folders within will sync (except for dis-allowed types - there's no facility to add to this list of types).

-steve

That's a pity.  I was reading a blog which suggested the command line version on the Mac allowed such filtering.  Ironic if the Mac, the most GUI of machines should have a better command line facility than Windows that was once heavily based on a command line OS (OK, so I do recall the original PC-XT).

The more we progress, the more ....

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 9:47 PM
  • I have no experience with the Mac version, but to the best of my knowledge this is not an option on the Mac version of Mesh or Sync, either. I'm also unaware of a "command line" version of either product for any platform.

-steve

Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:01 AM