CRM 2011 - Installing rollups skip db updates RRS feed

• Question

• We have multiple servers to install rollups for and it takes forever to go through the db updates when installing the rollups (as it redoes it on every server installed on). Is there any way to skip the db updates after the first server has had the rollups installed?

Thank you in advance for your help. If you think you may be able to help with any of my unanswered threads please look at them here

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:38 PM

All replies

• You can set the server to subscribe to rollups like windows updates.  

It then downloads the rollup and prompts you to install it.

I don't see a way you can get round the database updates for the server

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Friday, February 24, 2012 2:20 AM
  • I wish MS will give more control so switch application with(-out) database would be very useful.

However there is work a round. Disconnect you main organization for time when you will be installing UR and after it attach it once again.

KG

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Yeah... except we have multiple hundreds of orgs. We're a reseller so i'm not sure how comfortable I am with that approach.

Thank you in advance for your help. If you think you may be able to help with any of my unanswered threads please look at them here

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Hello -

One small clarification is that the patches do not execute the db updates if they are already applied.  The patch install does check everytime to see if the dbUpdates have been applied, and if not, the patch will apply them. 

-Brandon

Friday, March 9, 2012 12:27 AM
  • Yes, however we'd like to skip that check as well. As it still takes up to a minute per org.  When you have multiple hundred orgs to check that is a time consuming process.

Monday, March 12, 2012 5:36 PM