I have paid for Genuine Windows XPPro but am getting messages from MS saying my XP is not genuine. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In 2006 I bought a secondhand computer which had MS XPPro loaded.

A month or so later I got a meeeage on the computer that I did not have a genuine copy of MS XPPro

I paid MicroSoft GP£78.30 plus GB£13.70 VAT making a total of GB£92.00 to legalise my copy of XPPro

Your commercial invoice number:-    500749097
    Your invoice date;-    11.05.2006
    MS Order-No;-   101894493
    Customer ref;-  01130010104466
    Order date;-   07.05.2006
    Delivery note;-  2001201996

Article No;- B7P-00008            1 Windows XPPro Genuine Adv English intl Direct CD No Key.

I received the Product Key by seperate mail.

I entered the Product Key as instructed.

My computer worked perfectly until three weeks ago.

Suddenly I got a message saying that I was using an illegal copy of MS XPPro.  I have ignored this until today because I know that I have paid MicroSoft the required amount.

The message has now been counting down saying that my MS XPPro will be illegal in 14, then 13, and now 12 days.

I downloaded the MS software to enter the Product Key and received a message telling me that this was the Product Key that was already installed.

This is now having a negative effect on my business as one after another the various MS programs are telling me that they are not installed correctly and will fail.

As my copy of XPPro is entirely legal, in that I have paid for my copy and have the documentary evidence to prove this, I would be grateful if you could very quickly let me know what I should do in order to continue working with my computer in a normal way.

Regards,
    Rick Strange

+44 (0) 1227 710 356
    +44 (0) 7810 281 923
    • Moved by Darin Smith MS Friday, October 23, 2009 9:13 PM Moved to Office as requested (From:Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP))
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 9:37 PM

Answers

• MODS:  Please move to Office forum.

Hello ClickRick,

The mgadiag report has several sections.  Here is the section telling us that your installation of XP Pro is a Genuine retail license, which is exactly what we would expect to see from a WGA Kit installation:

WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-G79CQ-TDP9R-Y8PHB
    Windows Product Key Hash: IpTFkiCjuXdgNaq9Yo680yuly7Q=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-083-1724446-22401
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {C87C7867-D9C8-4444-8B71-16742AA7ADE2}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

However, there is a problem with your current installation of Microsoft Office.

Here is the section of the report that tells us about Office:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

The report says you have a Blocked VLK, which means that (a) your computer has a Volume Licensing edition of Office XP Professional w/Front Page installed, and that (b) a Blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) was used to install it.  A "blocked" VLK is one that was issued by Microsoft to a business, educational institution, or governmental agency for their exclusive use in accordance with a Volume Licensing Agreement.  (Note that such use does NOT allow the resale of such VLKs.)  However, because the VLK may have been reported lost, stolen, or compromised to the internet by the original keyholder, or because the Volume Licensing Agreement has expired, Microsoft has blocked the VLK from further use.

If you are an individual consumer, you should never have been sold Volume Licensing (VL) materials such as a VL CD, and you certainly should not have received a Blocked Product Key.  You should have been sold Genuine retail licensed software.

Your first course of action is to confront your seller with this information and demand either a full refund or to receive the genuine software you paid for.

If the seller refuses to help, please file a piracy report at www.microsoft.com/piracy.  Also, depending upon whether you received "high quality" counterfeit materials, you may qualify for the Office Complimentary Offer or for the Office Genuine Advantage discounted offer.  Please see the FAQ here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC  If you think that you qualify for the Genuine Office Offer, apply for the Offer thru the Learn More Online link that the OGA Notifier is displaying.

If your use of this Volume Licensing edition of Office XP Professional w/Front Page is in association with an organization that has a Volume Licensing Agreement, then please contact the IT support staff of the organization for further assistance.

One other possibility is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installation which is nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs.  You Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installation of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:47 PM

All replies

•  

To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:36 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{C87C7867-D9C8-4444-8B71-16742AA7ADE2}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-Y8PHB</PKey><PID>55274-083-1724446-22401</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1214440339-1060284298-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>INTELR</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050823000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>A35B376F0184EE7C</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>39476F84C4B4004</Val><Hash>4iCnywwNW1w4s9ukTIwGMGxyGic=</Hash><Pid>54185-640-0000025-17567</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="17" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="10" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="10" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: no
    Marker string from BIOS: N/A
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Hope this helps top sort the problem out.
    Thanks,
    Rick.

Monday, October 19, 2009 9:50 AM
  • MODS:  Please move to Office forum.

Hello ClickRick,

The mgadiag report has several sections.  Here is the section telling us that your installation of XP Pro is a Genuine retail license, which is exactly what we would expect to see from a WGA Kit installation:

WGA Data-->

However, there is a problem with your current installation of Microsoft Office.

Here is the section of the report that tells us about Office:

OGA Data-->

The report says you have a Blocked VLK, which means that (a) your computer has a Volume Licensing edition of Office XP Professional w/Front Page installed, and that (b) a Blocked Volume Licensing Key (VLK) was used to install it.  A "blocked" VLK is one that was issued by Microsoft to a business, educational institution, or governmental agency for their exclusive use in accordance with a Volume Licensing Agreement.  (Note that such use does NOT allow the resale of such VLKs.)  However, because the VLK may have been reported lost, stolen, or compromised to the internet by the original keyholder, or because the Volume Licensing Agreement has expired, Microsoft has blocked the VLK from further use.

If you are an individual consumer, you should never have been sold Volume Licensing (VL) materials such as a VL CD, and you certainly should not have received a Blocked Product Key.  You should have been sold Genuine retail licensed software.

Your first course of action is to confront your seller with this information and demand either a full refund or to receive the genuine software you paid for.

If the seller refuses to help, please file a piracy report at www.microsoft.com/piracy.  Also, depending upon whether you received "high quality" counterfeit materials, you may qualify for the Office Complimentary Offer or for the Office Genuine Advantage discounted offer.  Please see the FAQ here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC  If you think that you qualify for the Genuine Office Offer, apply for the Offer thru the Learn More Online link that the OGA Notifier is displaying.

If your use of this Volume Licensing edition of Office XP Professional w/Front Page is in association with an organization that has a Volume Licensing Agreement, then please contact the IT support staff of the organization for further assistance.

One other possibility is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installation which is nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs.  You Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installation of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:47 PM