CRM IFD Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

For one of our clients we have a CRM 4.0 implemaentation which is using the forms authentication for external users and integrated authentication for internal domain users.  I believe the IFD tool was used for the implementaion and when I run the tool now, the only IP range listed is for the main office, e.g 10.0.0.1/25.

The branch offices are on a different range (e.g 10.0.3.0/24 10.0.4.0/24 etc.) and get the forms authentication. We would like to change this so they branch offices can also use the integrated authentication.  The branch offices are connected to the main office through a VPN connection which involves some NAT on e.g 192.168.0.0/24 range.

What IP addresses should I be adding to the IFD tool? Just the ranges of the branch offices or do I need the NAT addresses being used?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or pointers

Kind regards

Chris.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

if the connection through the NAT terminates at the CRM-Server as a request from range 192.168.0.0/24, then you have to add this range.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

if the connection through the NAT terminates at the CRM-Server as a request from range 192.168.0.0/24, then you have to add this range.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:32 AM
  • Thanks Ckeller for the response

I am just waiting for our client to run a tracert from some of the remote offices to see the actual route etc

And will post back again

Kind regards

Chris.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:57 PM