none
unable to add new user [Error] The attempt to read or update the store failed. Another change is in progres RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a cluster of Windows Server 2008 HPC. Recently I tried to add new domain user to the cluster, it denied me stating the error: "[Error] The attempt to read or update the store failed. Another change is in progres"

I also notice there were two headnodes entry in the cluster manager and no matter how i tried to take them offline it will not process. Any one could kindly assist?

Friday, March 13, 2015 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have several questions about your cluster:

1. What's the exact version of your cluster?

2. Is it HA or non-HA?

3. Can you check the operation logs in Cluster Manager -> Node Management -> Operations (in the left navigation panel) to see whether there exist Executing or Reverting operations, or other weird stuff?

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:55 AM
  • Hi Adrian,

First HPC 2008 is way old and out of main stream support now. We have made a lot improvements since then.  We would like suggest upgrade your cluster to our latest version to have better support.

For the issue you listed here, could you check what other ongoing operation is going on in the cluster?

Qiufang Shi

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:58 AM