Loging what users log into WHS site RRS feed

• Question

• IS there an addin that will log who logs into the WHS site and at what times?
    Monday, April 6, 2009 4:59 PM

Answers

• This information is captured in a few places (the security event log, the web server logs, etc), however accessing those logs is unsupported. Normally, the only people who should be logging in to your Remote Access web site should be people you know and trust, so I'm not clear on why you would think you need this information?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Monday, April 6, 2009 6:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ryan ETF Monday, April 6, 2009 6:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Monday, April 6, 2009 6:54 PM
    Monday, April 6, 2009 5:06 PM

All replies

• This information is captured in a few places (the security event log, the web server logs, etc), however accessing those logs is unsupported. Normally, the only people who should be logging in to your Remote Access web site should be people you know and trust, so I'm not clear on why you would think you need this information?
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Monday, April 6, 2009 6:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ryan ETF Monday, April 6, 2009 6:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ryan ETF Monday, April 6, 2009 6:54 PM
    Monday, April 6, 2009 5:06 PM
  • I was considering using an app tp place my server into sleep at particullar times. But I can just use the logs that you mentioned to see what times will not affect my users. Thank you
    Monday, April 6, 2009 6:54 PM
  • Umm, in that case just ask them. Or tell them:

"Hey, Joe, I'm going to be setting my server up to sleep between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM every weekday. Don't bother trying to access it then, because it won't be available."

:)

Monday, April 6, 2009 7:07 PM