Money won't start - mnyfid.dll removed by virus software RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've tried a general Internet search and it there are a lot of hits saying mnyfid.dll is bad, a trojan etc and that many virus or malware programs will remove it.

All I know is that Norton removed this file this morning and Money stopped working - and we use it exclusively at home to keep track of all our finances.

I restored it from quarantine and Money started working again

Is mnyfid.dll a legitimate part of money that's being wrongly identified as being an issue, or is it really and issue and I maybe need to remove and reinstall a clean copy of money ?

thanks in advance,

Duncan

Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:57 AM

All replies

• I have no such file with Microsoft Money Deluxe Sunset.

I do see  mnyfid.dll in Money 2005 UK. Would that be the version of Money you are using?

Here are the checks that I get on my Money 2005 UK files copy (which is not installed):

>fciv mnyfid.dll   -both
    //
    // File Checksum Integrity Verifier version 2.05.
    //
                    MD5                             SHA-1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    49e3e158134b89595ae3acc02d9ea902 171b6997dd10f6544ff831fb4b33f76f8fe09ff6 mnyfid.dll

If you install fciv and get either of those numbers to agree, your copy is identical to my copy.

Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:48 AM
  • I do not find any file named mnyfid in either the Money 99 I am using or the Money 2005 I downloaded from the sticky posts at the top of this froum.
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:48 AM
  • I have it in Money 2006.
    Friday, July 10, 2015 3:43 AM
  • You will not see it until "Show hidden files" is enabled in File Explorer-View-Options.
    Friday, July 10, 2015 6:33 AM
  • To search for that file, try running this command in a cmd window:

dir /a /s \mnyfid.dll

Expect the command to take some time.
    Friday, July 10, 2015 1:17 PM