main report using two subreports which are the same RRS feed

• Question

• HI

Is it possible to use a subreport with three parameters passed to it (i tried it, it works fine) but then I want to make the count of this subreport, so i need in the group below to add this subreport again inside again, but passing less parameters, so i modify my query like that :

SELECT    ...FROM ... WHERE ...
    and (CRMAF_FilteredContact.ownerid = @ownerid  OR @ownerid IS NULL)
    ORDER BY CRMAF_FilteredContact.OwnerIDname

When I try it with a null value in the subreport, it works fine, but when I try it from  the main report, so I tried to remove the ownerid parameter, I tried to put it at blank, I tried to put NULL but I always have an error, the report start fine but then, on the total, i've the error "error subreport could not  be shown".

Maybe I don't need to add a subreport cell but just link this cell with the other cell containing the subreport ???

Thanks for your help,

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 3:51 PM

Answers

• Sorry I changed the parameter in the subreport as nullable allow blank... and it works fine.

as simple as that .. sorry I'm new

Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can trace the exact error which is getting throw.

For Error Description in Error Log:
    Log on to SQL Server, go to installation folder of SQL Server Reporting Services. Open the latest log file and see the error description.
    EG: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Regarding Deployment:
    Do not use Shared Data Source, When you test it from SSRS, use the Report connectionstring.
    And When you deply the report to MS CRM, MS CRM automatically assign the Data Source to the REPORTS [according to your Organisation].

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:11 PM
  • I've the error :

[rsErrorExecutingSubreport] An error occurred while executing the subreport subreport3: One or more parameters required to run the report have not been specified.

But then I don't know how to fixe it.  I put the @ownerid as blank, but obviously it doesn't like it.

I've done that because i'm using the same sub report above but grouping with this parameter. How can I manage this ?

Thanks a lot

Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:52 AM
  • Sorry I changed the parameter in the subreport as nullable allow blank... and it works fine.

as simple as that .. sorry I'm new

Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:47 PM