Genuine Office 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a genuine version of windows and office and everything as my partner works i na conmputer store, everything was loaded on prior to purchase ,everythign should be ok. I have owned this computer for a few years and know it was genuine software installed.

I also have a HTC phone with windows mobile. there is a website that allows you to flash a new rom to the phone, this seems legal, HTC are aware and have not complained, there is no ____ or illegal programs, (people just take the new versions of programs from new released phones and put them all into a new rom, maybe removing unneeded apps and files to offer a better experience then the stock rom that came with my phone 18mths ago).

Since installing a new rom (which included windows mobile 2010) because the phone was synched with PC it now informs me that my PC's office 2003 is not genuine.  (the PC files were not affected or changed, it seems to be some error withon the way microsoft checks software?) can this be fixed?

hope i have included all the info? anything else required please ask.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 3:40 PM

Answers

• "trevor82" wrote in message news:2e5a638d-963e-4757-95cb-2aa0ed14fd95...

Thanks, sorry about that.

Report is pasted below, i am sure it is the mobile os since it only came up the problem when i flashed the new rom and synched to PC.

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2V3H8-8P34G-RQRM3
    Windows Product Key Hash: VqVYF+RUd5YT7mU8JMhifOTDlfw=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-0211935-23267
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Your Windows license shows as being a valid Volume License Key - presumably therefore, the machine belongs to a company, rather than to you. You should contact your System Administrator for assistance, as they may have put controls onto the machine that are not visible to us.
    You are using MSOffice with a Blocked Volume License - again, contact your System Admin. The fact that it is blocked means that the license has been revoked either for abuse, or at the request of the license owner.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:46 AM
  • Hello trevor82,

As Noel posted, the installation of Windows XP Pro on your computer is a Volume Licensing installation.  In order for a Volume Licensing installation to be in fact Genuine and Valid, the computer must first have a base or original license for a qualifying installation of Windows, because all Windows Volume Licenses are upgrade licenses.  This original license would be documented by the presence of a Certificate of Authenticity affixed to the computer's case.  Next, the organization must have a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement with Microsoft for the use of the software described in the Agreement.  The Agreement provides the product key for the organization to use and the product key may not be sold, given away or exposed to theft or compromised to the internet.  If the Agreement is terminated then the rights to use the software are also terminated.

It's very likely that the person working at the computer store simply installed Windows onto your "clone" computer using a Volume Licensing disc and a Volume Licensing product key that such person may have found on the internet or may have lifted from a business customer's computer.  Happens all day every day.  The fact that you wrote that this is a home PC makes this all the more likely.

If the computer has a Certificate of Authenticity affixed to it, then the computer is licensed for the version and edition of Windows listed on the CoA.  If there is no CoA, then based on what you have posted so far, the computer is not licensed to run any version or edition of Windows.  The fact that the installed Windows may report as Genuine is immaterial, because in this case you have no right to use that license for Windows as it belongs to someone else.

Regarding your installation of Office Professional 2003, this too is a volume licensing installation, but in this case this one is a widely pirated volume licensing product key that has been blocked by Microsoft for at least three years if not longer.

The chances of the installation of phone software causing your installations of Windows and Office to become Nongenuine are Zero.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:01 PM

All replies

• "trevor82" wrote in message news:086318b9-f501-4b59-949f-1cf79b1f13fe...

I have a genuine version of windows and office and everything as my partner works i na conmputer store, everything was loaded on prior to purchase ,everythign should be ok. I have owned this computer for a few years and know it was genuine software installed.

I also have a HTC phone with windows mobile. there is a website that allows you to flash a new rom to the phone, this seems legal, HTC are aware and have not complained, there is no ____ or illegal programs, (people just take the new versions of programs from new released phones and put them all into a new rom, maybe removing unneeded apps and files to offer a better experience then the stock rom that came with my phone 18mths ago).

Since installing a new rom (which included windows mobile 2010) because the phone was synched with PC it now informs me that my PC's office 2003 is not genuine.  (the PC files were not affected or changed, it seems to be some error withon the way microsoft checks software?) can this be fixed?

hope i have included all the info? anything else required please ask.

Please read the Sticky below  - and repost with your MGADiag report.
    I am pretty sure that your problem has nothing whatever to do with your phone software installation.

--

Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:45 PM
  • Thanks, sorry about that.

Report is pasted below, i am sure it is the mobile os since it only came up the problem when i flashed the new rom and synched to PC.

ID: {9302AA07-BFAF-4640-8321-E0091996C8F5}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{9302AA07-BFAF-4640-8321-E0091996C8F5}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-RQRM3</PKey><PID>55274-640-0211935-23267</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1085031214-179605362-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>INTEL_</Manufacturer><Model>D915GAG_</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Intel Corp.</Manufacturer><Version>EV91510A.86A.0444.2005.0429.2108</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050429000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>A628334701844053</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57707</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 1B894:GENUINE C&C INC
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Monday, August 16, 2010 9:34 PM
  • "trevor82" wrote in message news:2e5a638d-963e-4757-95cb-2aa0ed14fd95...

Thanks, sorry about that.

OGA Data-->

Your Windows license shows as being a valid Volume License Key - presumably therefore, the machine belongs to a company, rather than to you. You should contact your System Administrator for assistance, as they may have put controls onto the machine that are not visible to us.
    You are using MSOffice with a Blocked Volume License - again, contact your System Admin. The fact that it is blocked means that the license has been revoked either for abuse, or at the request of the license owner.

--

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:46 AM
  • thanks for reply, it is a home pc, just our family,

whereas the mobile phone software will probably be reported as this, due to it being loaded onto to a number of handsets. i will also ask in the mobile phone forum to see if others experienced problems.

I can 100% say that i have and did have prior to messing with phone a genuine windows software on PC. i dont downlaod or try illegal stuff due to fears of virus of credit card stealing programs.

just annoying, do i losr functionality or just have a warning across top of the program?

I will need to use things like word and excel to edit a couple of docuemtns for work, and no good if then says somewhere that the file was created with a non genuine version of office :(

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:59 PM
  • Hello trevor82,

As Noel posted, the installation of Windows XP Pro on your computer is a Volume Licensing installation.  In order for a Volume Licensing installation to be in fact Genuine and Valid, the computer must first have a base or original license for a qualifying installation of Windows, because all Windows Volume Licenses are upgrade licenses.  This original license would be documented by the presence of a Certificate of Authenticity affixed to the computer's case.  Next, the organization must have a current and valid Volume Licensing Agreement with Microsoft for the use of the software described in the Agreement.  The Agreement provides the product key for the organization to use and the product key may not be sold, given away or exposed to theft or compromised to the internet.  If the Agreement is terminated then the rights to use the software are also terminated.

It's very likely that the person working at the computer store simply installed Windows onto your "clone" computer using a Volume Licensing disc and a Volume Licensing product key that such person may have found on the internet or may have lifted from a business customer's computer.  Happens all day every day.  The fact that you wrote that this is a home PC makes this all the more likely.

If the computer has a Certificate of Authenticity affixed to it, then the computer is licensed for the version and edition of Windows listed on the CoA.  If there is no CoA, then based on what you have posted so far, the computer is not licensed to run any version or edition of Windows.  The fact that the installed Windows may report as Genuine is immaterial, because in this case you have no right to use that license for Windows as it belongs to someone else.

Regarding your installation of Office Professional 2003, this too is a volume licensing installation, but in this case this one is a widely pirated volume licensing product key that has been blocked by Microsoft for at least three years if not longer.

The chances of the installation of phone software causing your installations of Windows and Office to become Nongenuine are Zero.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:01 PM
  • ok, you guys seem to know your stuff, so does this become the consumers problem or the company that sold it? surely MS cant come after me if my partner brought a pc form her work and they did all of the installing. (she wouldnt have a clue about all this, nor do i) is there anythign we can do? would she need to speak to her boss?
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Hello trevor82,

It would be the consumer's problem if the terms of the sale specifically state that Genuine Microsoft Windows and Office are to be provided and installed.  You as the consumer would approach the situation as you would any other business transaction where you bought and paid for something but the seller did not provide what you bought.

You are in a delicate situation though because creating a stink with her boss about being charged for something and not getting it could result in animosity or worse at the workplace.

The bottom line is that your computer has bogus software installed and that needs to be fixed.  Purchase Genuine software and install. :-)

Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:00 AM