Photo only online backup RRS feed

• Question

• Yet another thing they decided that is pushing people to the competition. Are there people on the OneCare team that is trying to destroy this program and run people off? It seems they are making so many decisions that make no sense, or they are going back to the dark ages.

All the other programs out there that has an online backup option, allows any file to be backed up. If I am going to pay for the storage, then I should be allowed to backup what **I** decide is important enough to put off site, not what Microsoft decides is important. It's not their data that is to be backed up, it's mine.

I really do not understand why they are working so hard to push people away from OneCare.

The reasons they give in the FAQ about why they allow only photos does not make sense. The reasons they give are the exact reasons you would NOT allow photos, not why they allow photos only. Photos can be very bandwidth intensive, versus says some one's Quicken or Quickbooks data, etc.

What if I as a small business owner, do not have photos on my machine but, I do have some important data I would like to backup in the space that is provided. I mean I am paying for it after all.

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:50 PM

Answers

• The Photo Backup is an optional feature and will cost more money - above the base subscription price. I see this as a starting point and if the service takes off, Microsoft may well offer other types of backups in the cloud.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:22 AM

All replies

• The Photo Backup is an optional feature and will cost more money - above the base subscription price. I see this as a starting point and if the service takes off, Microsoft may well offer other types of backups in the cloud.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:22 AM
  • "They may.." seems to be the theme here. Like I said, if I am going to pay for the space, I should have the right to decide what data I want to put there, not them.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:16 AM
  • I said "may" because I'm not privy to the specific plans for the service.

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:52 PM