Task Sheet entries disappear for selective resources - using PS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Project Server 2007. We have a project where sometimes the hours in a resources task sheet is retained, and sometimes it disappears.  We do not use timesheets.  Updates are restricted to only PWA.  Some of the resources that have this happen are on multiple projects.  Only their time for the one project disappears.  I (administrator) have sat with both the resources and the PM during their process - only to have things work.  For a while we were having issues with our cube builing (after we installed SQL 2008 R2), but that issue has been resolved and this one lingers.

We are in the process of testing PS2010, but I'd like this problem resolved before we convert.

Our resources and PM are becoming very frustrated that I can't resolve this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jean

Monday, January 10, 2011 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Jean,

I have three questions:

1. What's your patch level? Before SP2 + CU Feb 2010? With this CU (and all following of course), there was a change for "You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect values." This could be one reason for your issue. I saw this happening for a few resources and 3 projects before applying this CU.
    2. Just an idea: Are the tasks with disappearing time Hammock tasks? Begin of January make me ask this. I have seen a project with Hammock task for one calendar year for reporting daily business. Some resources used this project the first days of the following year and there actuals were moved to the defined time period of previous year. I am not sure if this can happen with updates restricted to PWA only.
    3. Have you tried to force a republish of these tasks? Make sure that you approved and published all current changes, add column publish in Project, change value to False, publish, change back to True, publish again. Does that change behaviour?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, January 10, 2011 6:49 PM