none
Clearing transactions from import selection screen. RRS feed

• Question

• Clearing import transactions before importing to read.  I have some transactions showing that I don't know what they are and don't want to import and want to kill those transactions before they cause unknown problems.

John Rummel

jarummel@msn.com

John A

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:52 AM

All replies

• Go to 'Account List', check column 'To review', if there is an to-be-read item, you can use popup menu to "Delete Statement". In general, it is safe action, because in theory, you can download the same information again.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:22 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

From the Account List I selected the account to review and it shows 1 item to review, but it is does not have a sub-menu or any pop-up.  This is exactly the operation I would like to do but don't see how to get to the "Delete Statement".

Thanks again,

John A

John A

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 10:54 PM

• From the Account List I selected the account to review and it shows 1 item to review, but it is does not have a sub-menu or any pop-up.  This is exactly the operation I would like to do but don't see how to get to the "Delete Statement".

Try right-click

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:24 PM
  • I tried right-clicks everywhere I could and did not get a pop-up.  I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks,

John A

John A

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 2:47 PM
  • Move the mouse over the label "Transaction to read NNN", then right click the mouse to bring up the popup menu

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:27 PM
  • This link only exists in the Account List. Do not select the account, do not go to the account.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:53 PM
  • Bob,

I finally got on the same page and was able to get the pop-up.  When I use the "Read Statement" is seems to open up the whole account.  I would like to see what is still lingering for import.  Is that not possible?

Thanks for continuing to get me to the right spot

John A

John A

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 5:55 PM
  • John,

As far as know there is no user option to view the "statement" file externally. Could you just view those transactions in the account and void or delete the transactions that you don't want?

In the account, you can view the "Unaccepted" transactions using the the appropriate filter.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 8:45 PM
  • On the pop-up there is both a "Read Statement" and "Delete Statement".  Seemed that the read option would have permitted reading that import file, but it doesn't.  Reads the entire account transactions.  

Thanks again, I'm at a satisfactory place now that I didn't know before.

John

John A

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:20 PM
  • Bob,

I finally got on the same page and was able to get the pop-up.  When I use the "Read Statement" is seems to open up the whole account.  I would like to see what is still lingering for import.  Is that not possible?

Thanks for continuing to get me to the right spot

John A

John A

Possible is a strong word; It would take some motivation to find the waiting statement and some ability to interpret what you find. Let me know if you feel sufficiently motivated.
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:12 AM
  • Bob,

No, I'm interested in digging deep into MS Money.  I was just confused by the "Delete Statement" and "Read Statement" options available in the pop-up when I right-click on the Review column.  I had an old account that had a 1 transaction showing in the Review and when I opted to use the "Read Statement" it was empty.

Thanks for responding, but I'm where I need to be on this issue.

John A

John A

Thursday, January 9, 2020 6:01 PM