none
Need Account(s) Help

Question

• I'd spilled a cup of coffee on my old Yoga and fried it. So I purchased a newer Yoga. Old laptop ran Windows 10 Pro and new laptop ran Windows 10 Home; of course, the windows product key was fried with the old Yoga. Microsoft pretty much told me, "Too bad, so sad" which I expected. I then upgraded to 10 Pro for another hundred bucks. My newest problem is that all the software I had purchased from the Microsoft store is on my old account; my new account only shows my recent acquisitions. Am I again simply out of luck? I'll do without before I pay twice for the same apps! It just isn't right and Microsoft should have a way to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Friday, July 29, 2016 11:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'd just logon with the old account. If unknown I'd contact the store to see if they have a way to link your charges to the old account.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpContactUsPage

Once you know the account logon you can follow along here to reset password.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 29, 2016 11:26 PM
  • I did that on Edge. I've even linked the two accounts on my pc. The store however refuses to log me in on my old account, nor will it link them.
    Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:01 AM
  • I did that on Edge. I've even linked the two accounts on my pc.

I don't think that has much to do with your microsoft account but if you think it is a store issue I'd contact them directly.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:03 AM
  • Finally got things working, what a pain!
    Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:32 AM
  • Congrats

Saturday, July 30, 2016 12:33 AM