power pack 4 in development ? RRS feed

• Question

• as per title

can anyone in the know shred any light on a future re;ease

especially if it allows us who have invested in wd advanced format drives

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:17 PM

Answers

• While I'm sure Microsoft will continue to update Windows Home Server V1, they haven't announced specific plans. Watch the team blog for details.

Also, Microsoft is no longer calling these updates "Power Packs", they're now "Update Rollups", because they contain a combination of enhancements and fixes for existing issues.

As for supporting advanced format drives, no, I doubt that Microsoft will release an update that will do that. The problem is in the base operating system, not Windows Home Server, so you shouldn't expect any changes in this area. (Microsoft could always prove me wrong on this; it would be nice, eh? :) )

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by AMCross Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:22 PM

All replies

• While I'm sure Microsoft will continue to update Windows Home Server V1, they haven't announced specific plans. Watch the team blog for details.

Also, Microsoft is no longer calling these updates "Power Packs", they're now "Update Rollups", because they contain a combination of enhancements and fixes for existing issues.

As for supporting advanced format drives, no, I doubt that Microsoft will release an update that will do that. The problem is in the base operating system, not Windows Home Server, so you shouldn't expect any changes in this area. (Microsoft could always prove me wrong on this; it would be nice, eh? :) )

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by AMCross Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:53 PM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:22 PM
  • it would be nice, a very nice xmas present :-)

fogot it was based on the core os

ah well just hope vail does a turnaround by the time we get to rtm

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 5:55 PM