none
Deploy to Cluster shortcut missing in Visual Studio 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• I have two installations of VS 2008 on two separate PCs both of which also have the HPC Pack 2008 SDK installed. However one PC has the "Deploy to Cluster" shortcut whilst the other does not. The one that does not, does not have SP1 of VS 2008 installed and so I was wondering whether SP1 is a pre-requisite or whether something else is causing the problem. Does anyone know?

If I go into Tools/Options in VS 2008 and look at the Add-in File Paths, the SDK bin folder is being referenced so I'm not sure what might be causing the problem.

Thanks
    Simon
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Liwei

Upgrading to VS2008 SP1 did not work.

I then re-installed the HPC SDK and this had no effect.

I then removed both the HPC client tools and the HPC SDK. Once I re-installed the client tools and SDK in that order, everything worked normally. Unfortunately I was unable to determine the requirement for VS2008 SP1 in the end.

Thanks
    Simon
    Friday, January 22, 2010 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

My experience is that you'll need to VS2008 SP1. can you upgrade the one without SP1 and retry?

thanks,

Liwei
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:28 PM
  • Hi Liwei

Upgrading to VS2008 SP1 did not work.

I then re-installed the HPC SDK and this had no effect.

I then removed both the HPC client tools and the HPC SDK. Once I re-installed the client tools and SDK in that order, everything worked normally. Unfortunately I was unable to determine the requirement for VS2008 SP1 in the end.

Thanks
    Simon
    Friday, January 22, 2010 12:30 PM