How to display a one-to-many relationship in a Table? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there.

I need to display one to many relations just like other Dynamics CRM standard's one to many relations  (e.g.: incident to faxes or accounts to tasks). I need to display my custom relations in a table like those standard in the CRM (see the Accounts > Common > Activities).

Thanks,

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:40 AM

Answers

• The simplest way to achieve this:

- Create a lookup field on the Parts entity where the Target Record Type = Incident.

- Within the Parts entity (Settings > Customization > Entities > Parts > N:1 Relationships) go to N:1 Relationships, find the relationship that corresponds to the lookup field you just created, open it and be sure "Display Option" under the "Navigation Pane Item for Primary Entity" section is set to "Use Plural Name".

- Publish

- Open an existing "Incident" entity form, and you should see a Parts link in the left-hand navigation.

Hope this helps.

Friday, June 14, 2013 3:57 PM

All replies

• Javier -

If I understand you correctly, CRM provides this out of the box. Just create a lookup field and on the relationship form for that field, make sure "Display Option" is set to "Use Plural Name". You will see what you are looking for automatically, similar to Accounts > Common > Activities.

Hope this helps.

Friday, June 14, 2013 1:57 PM
  • I searched for the Display Option in Settings > Customization > Entities but didn't find it.

Could you please let me know where the option is?

Thanks,

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Just to make it easier to understand:

I need to make one to many relations, for example I have the entity incidents and I need to be able to add n links to a custom entity called parts. For example:

Incident: "The PC is not working"

LinkToParts1: Printer

LinkToParts2: Monitor

LinkToPartsn: Keyboard

That's what I need. When I go to Accounts > Common > Activities I can actually see n activities per each accounts, just like my example (n parts per each incident).

However, the look up field only stores a value.

Thanks,

Friday, June 14, 2013 3:01 PM
  • Settings > Customization > Entities > 1:N/N:1/N:N > open the specific relationship > Display Option under the "Navigation Pane Item for Primary Entity" section.
    Friday, June 14, 2013 3:30 PM
  • The simplest way to achieve this:

- Create a lookup field on the Parts entity where the Target Record Type = Incident.

- Within the Parts entity (Settings > Customization > Entities > Parts > N:1 Relationships) go to N:1 Relationships, find the relationship that corresponds to the lookup field you just created, open it and be sure "Display Option" under the "Navigation Pane Item for Primary Entity" section is set to "Use Plural Name".

- Publish

- Open an existing "Incident" entity form, and you should see a Parts link in the left-hand navigation.

Hope this helps.

Friday, June 14, 2013 3:57 PM
  • Eric thanks, this was what I was looking for.

Javier Andres Caceres Alvis

Microsoft C# MVP

Intel Black Belt Software Developer

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:17 AM