One care not updating RRS feed

• Question

•  

One care is not updating and is continuously sending me an at risk message, but I cannot fix it.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:48 PM

Answers

•  Scueva4 wrote:

One care is not updating and is continuously sending me an at risk message, but I cannot fix it.

See this post for information to help troubleshoot and resolve update problems -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:23 PM
  • Scueva4,

Please contact support for further troubleshooting.

If you are able to try this as well, see if this helps (for VIsta):

Please try the following once more and if you are still getting the yellow/fair status continue with the instructions below and we can help to further investigate this for you.

1.       Go to the windows update site and click on “check for updates”. Ensure that there are no pending updates

2.       Restart the OneCare service. Steps below

a.       Open command prompt

i.      XP -> Click Start ->Run>type CMD>then click OK

ii.      VISTA -> Click Start -> Right click on “Command Prompt” -> click “run as administrator”

b.      In the command prompt

i.      Type NET STOP WINSS then hit enter

ii.      Type NET START WINSS then hit enter

c.       Close command prompt

d.      Wait for 5 minutes and then open OneCare and verify if the action item is disappeared

Lori MS

Friday, September 12, 2008 11:48 PM

All replies

•  Scueva4 wrote:

See this post for information to help troubleshoot and resolve update problems -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1286736&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:23 PM
  • Scueva4,

Please contact support for further troubleshooting.

If you are able to try this as well, see if this helps (for VIsta):

Please try the following once more and if you are still getting the yellow/fair status continue with the instructions below and we can help to further investigate this for you.

1.       Go to the windows update site and click on “check for updates”. Ensure that there are no pending updates

2.       Restart the OneCare service. Steps below

a.       Open command prompt

i.      XP -> Click Start ->Run>type CMD>then click OK

ii.      VISTA -> Click Start -> Right click on “Command Prompt” -> click “run as administrator”

b.      In the command prompt

i.      Type NET STOP WINSS then hit enter

ii.      Type NET START WINSS then hit enter

c.       Close command prompt

d.      Wait for 5 minutes and then open OneCare and verify if the action item is disappeared

Lori MS

Friday, September 12, 2008 11:48 PM