CRM 2015 - Search Entities in top bar is not finding new Accounts or Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we're running CRM 2015 on premises, and I'm having an issue in one of our test environments where new Accounts are not coming-up when searched using the Search Entities search box in the top menu bar.  I can use advanced find to locate the accounts without issue, but search for account number, name, nothing in new accounts is coming-up through the baked in CRM search.  I can search for older accounts just fine without issue.

What allows something to become searchable through this?  Or is there a process that needs to run to reindex or update something for it to become searchable?

Thanks for any advice.

• Edited by Sam Alex Friday, September 15, 2017 1:54 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 1:54 PM

All replies

• Is this still an issue for you?

Wow, I just noticed your avator!  Many many years I used to work in a Tandy store (as they were called in England) and I remember selling a TRS-80 with 4k (yes k) of RAM.

Back to your question, records should show immediately in the quick find search and the global search. Have you reviewed the quick find view search filter to ensure that newer records are not excluded from the search.

Friday, October 6, 2017 12:49 PM
  • Hi Sam,

Please refer following article for this..

https://www.crmsoftwareblog.com/2015/03/customizing-global-search-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2015/

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Friday, October 6, 2017 1:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Feridun, 

Thank you for the reply, I did find that it was a filter on the Quick Find View that I had missed. I should've replied back with this in-case others ran into the same issue. A colleague of mine found it some time ago.  

And yes I was a big Tandy and TRS-80 fanatic in the 80's and 90's, I still have both my Coco 2 and 3 though neither have been powered on in years.  I also miss Radio Shack and the Tandy brand.  I live in Waco, Tx which is about 90 miles south of Ft Worth where Tandy was based, and for years they had the Tandy Mall which was a fave of mine when I was younger when we'd go up there.  They had a huge ice skating rink in the middle along with two big escalators that went from like the 3rd to 4th floors overhead.  It was amazing!  It closed down years ago, and alas now there are no more Radio Shacks, at least not in our area.  At one time Waco had 5!  I do miss the Tandy brand, Radio Shack was my toy store when I was younger.  I'm glad you got to be a part of that by working at a Tandy store.  Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic, I could chatter about this all day.  Don't hesitate to message me outside of the forum if you ever want to :-D

Friday, October 6, 2017 1:35 PM
  • Thanks Mayank, yes it was a filter I didn't know was there.  A colleague of mine pointed it out, and all is now working. Thank you for the reply.

Friday, October 6, 2017 1:37 PM