Windows Live writer Installation error

Question

• Hi,

I download last version WLW Version 14.0.8050.1202
    And during the installation I have this error
    "Couldn't install programs"
    "Error: OnCatalogResult: 0x80190197"
    Next step: An unknown error occured.

Tell me please how two avoid this problem.

I have proxy server, can it be the sourse of problem? Where I can download full version, not web installer.

Thanks,
    Alexander.
    http://www.alexandershapovalov.com
    Monday, December 22, 2008 8:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Try this:
    http://g.live.com/1rewlive3/en/wlsetup-all.exe

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by shapovalov Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:20 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 4:00 AM
  • Brandon, thanks a lot. It works!!!! :)

Tell me please, is this link permanent? I mean after new releases of Windows live writer, I can just go to this link and download new version? Or this link is changing from time to time?
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:22 AM
  • No, this will only be for this version I think.  I think next year new versions will be at a new link.  When you go to the download page, click cancel on the first download dialog, and click 'Try Again' which will direct you to the full install.  That should work even with new versions.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, December 26, 2008 6:56 PM
  • Hi Brandon, thanks a lot for your help. ;)
    Friday, January 09, 2009 4:17 PM
  • Actually the link for downloading full offline version is present at download.live.com. I came to know about it recently. Many of the people miss the link, so it can be more prominently.
    At download.live.com, when you click on 'Download' button, you are provided with web installer wlsetup-web.exe. Cancel it, And you are on page which has 'Try Again' button. Clicking this will give you standalone installer to your computer.

Monday, January 12, 2009 3:48 PM
  • I have tried this and still get the same error codes, WLM wants to upgrade to newer version, then wont install. Gets to 50% and fails.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 8:21 AM
  • Try this:
    http://g.live.com/1rewlive3/en/wlsetup-all.exe

-Brandon Turner [MSFT]

ah dude, thanks a lot. this also helped me out. i've tried every other possible method for weeks now, and this worked instantly.....
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:14 PM
  • Brandon,

Thank you so much!!  I tried everything from deleting all the files I could find on my hard disk to removing all the entries in the registry and nothing was working.  This did the trick!!

Best Regards,

Desiree

Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:37 AM
  • Hi,Brandon:I got this error messege:OnCatalogResult 0x80190197 WLMessenger. Can you help to solve it? My computer system is window xp, and the WLMessenger version is:1.0.0.713. So many thanks!
    Sunday, November 07, 2010 12:24 PM
  • Brandon, whoever you are you are a wizard.  After two days of trying all kinds of stuff i found your suggestion.  it worked the first time.  thank you so much.  Mike
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:36 PM