Server side validation does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm building a wabsite where the user has to fill in an extended form, the form holds 5 steps and with every push off the next-button, the user sees the next-page inside the same control (panels made (in)visible).

I am using the .Net RequiredFieldValidator and an customized dropdownvalidator derived from basevalidator.

When I turn off Javascript the form does not validate anymore. so the client-side validation works, but when I call for the Page.IsValid it just returns true. This means server side won't validate, I also tried calling Validate() on a specific validator (through Control.findControl(id))). and alltough he returns the correct validator, and the initialvalue is an empty string. after getting his .IsValid prop, the value is still true, it is allready true before I call the validate method.
    • Moved by David M Morton Friday, November 6, 2009 5:05 PM ASP.NET Questions should be asked at the ASP.NET Forums at http://forums.asp.net/. They're off-topic here. (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Friday, November 6, 2009 5:03 PM

Answers