none
Please help! Unable to install/repair Visual C++ 2015 redistributable RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago I purchased and installed a software product that required/prompted installation of Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.  Something seems to have gone wrong with the installation.  In the meantime, I have been trying to uninstall and reinstall the redistributable files.  The game I installed (Edith Finch) is crashing my desktop and causing Windows to do a complete reboot.

When I go to Control Panel / Uninstall, I am seeing a file called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026.  However, when I attempt to uninstall, I receive the following error message:

"Windows cannot find C:/ProgramData/PackageCache/{[string of numbers]}/VC_redist.x86.exe.  Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again."

What is going on here?  Can anyone help?  How do I fix this?   Any advice would be incredibly appreciated.

I have now done a complete windows reset, as well as tried to install the redistributable package directly from Microsoft.  To no avail.  

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, August 14, 2017 5:03 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

Since your post is off-topic, I am moving it to the off topic forum.

Karl

Monday, August 14, 2017 5:00 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask the game developer.

You might also ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, August 14, 2017 5:03 PM