none
Slow Uploads to WHS, Downloads OK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm experiencing extremely slow connectivity to the WHS. From my PC, if I go into the software share, I can download the connector software folder in about 3 seconds. But, to upload that same folder from my PC to the WHS takes 10 minutes or so.

I've eliminated switches, routers, firewalls and cables from the problem. Both network cards are configured for 100 connections, auto duplex. Any ideas?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:08 PM

All replies

• Do you have anytype of antivirus software loaded on the server? If you do you can try to exclude those directories to see if it improves performance? Are you using an IP address to connect to the server to upload or using a DNS name such as \\server\share?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:19 AM
  • Shortly after posting this message I fixed the problem.  I went back into the WHS and set the network speed to full duplex, then reset but I still had the problem.  Then I set the network speed back to AUTO and it was fixed!  Reset both the WHS and the client machine and it's been running fine ever since.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:33 PM
  • where exactly did you change it?I can't find that option through the connector software.

thanks

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:13 PM
  • look at the properties for you network card. You'll see somewhere in there (each manufacturer words it different) an option for link speed. All I had to do was change it to 100 Full and then back to AUO to get my connection woes fixed, YMMV.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:42 PM
  • I had this exact issue with my Nvidia nForce onboard NIC.  Forcing it to 100 Full Auto made it ridiculously slow.  Setting it back to AUTO mode makes it blazingly fast.  I'm betting you had an Nvidia NIC.....
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:32 AM