CRm & VS2010 Silverlight Web Resource RRS feed

• Question

• I am investigating placing a Silverlight web resource on an entity form. This I have managed to do, but I wanted to know if it is possible to use the Silverlight dataform ( vs2010) and if so how do I attach the dataform to the service reference. I have looked through the net but not seen anything like this

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You can create a WCF (can host it in MS CRM, assuming you are using onpremise) which will be responsible for passing data to your silverlight webresource and then you can use this silverlight web resource in MS CRM.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, February 24, 2014 6:27 AM
  • HI,

In my Silverlight Application I have a service reference to OData REST. I want to place a DataForm on the page that will show the account details for the 'selected' record when in CRM.

In effect, when in CRM, when i go into a record, the Silverlight Web Resource will show the data for that record in the Data Form. I have used dataforms in the past, but these have always been linked directly to a SQL server. Do you know of any tutorials / examples that I can look and learn from

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Monday, February 24, 2014 11:02 AM
  • Ok, In that case you can create account class in silverlight and have properties that you want to get from CRM, using OData Rest ( I have used SilverCRMSoap, it's easy to use),you can look in this post it's not the same that you are looking for but it will help you to implement your requirement.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Marked as answer by Pete Newman Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:56 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 12:27 PM