none
Onenote is not showing pointer while using Zoom RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

When I'm using OneNote during my zoom meeting, and I'm drawing with my pencil, the pointer will disappear after 3 seconds on the screen with the person I'm talking with. 

If I move my mouse it comes back, but perhaps I can change something so he/she sees it all the time?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Ton 

Friday, February 25, 2022 2:24 AM

All replies

• I also have the same problem. I know it is not a major issue but seeking for some effective solution.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Jaworowi.cz Sunday, February 27, 2022 8:52 PM
    Saturday, February 26, 2022 7:58 AM
  • would that be a good thing to not keep showing the pointer all the time?
    Thursday, March 10, 2022 4:16 PM
  • This same issue iam also facing  But i dont have any way .how to solve this
    Saturday, March 12, 2022 2:07 PM
  • Why can't I see my cursor on OneNote?
    Wednesday, March 23, 2022 6:28 AM
  • Please highlight some more points here.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2022 9:41 AM
  • That is one note problem
    Tuesday, April 19, 2022 8:01 AM
  • Hi all, 

When I'm using OneNote during my zoom meeting, and I'm drawing with my pencil, the pointer will disappear after 3 seconds on the screen with the person I'm talking with. 

If I move my mouse it comes back, but perhaps I can change something so he/she sees it all the time?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Ton 

Try the following ( depends also on your OneNote Version):

1. In User Library Look for Container Directory and Locate Folder/directory for OneNote.
    2. With One note Quit Remove that folder to Trash (do not empty trash yet).
    3. Open One Note and see if cursor returns.
    • Proposed as answer by Backuphunt Wednesday, April 20, 2022 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2022 7:42 AM
  • I still say this is perfect.....
    Saturday, April 30, 2022 5:00 AM
  • I used to have this problem as well. It sometimes caught me off guard when I was taking notes and my cursor suddenly vanished. I'm a Mac user and I came across this tip some time ago that helped me: In the User Library, look for the Container Directory and find the OneNote folder/directory. Then, quit OneNote, move that folder to the Trash (don't delete anything from it), and open OneNote. The cursor should appear again.

• Edited by Chloe Kim Wednesday, June 1, 2022 4:07 AM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2022 4:03 AM
  • Quite often when I change the style of text, my cursor disappears. I have found that to get it back I can press the Alt key twice. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? The method has been tried but the cursor missing issue just persists. My last try is to uninstall OneNote (referred this manual) and install the latest version. It works by now.

• Proposed as answer by TerryGrey Thursday, July 14, 2022 3:47 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2022 3:47 AM
  • i have also facing problem like another one
    Thursday, July 14, 2022 8:24 AM
  • Can you go to Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink > enable Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps.

Thursday, July 21, 2022 4:28 PM
  • How do I fix zoom in OneNote?
    Zoom in or out in OneNote
    On the page you want to zoom, do one of the following: To zoom in, press Command+Plus sign (+). You hear: "Zoom in." Repeat this step until you have reached the zoom-in level you want. ...
    To go back to the default zoom level of 100%, press Command+0 (zero). You hear: "Reset zoom."

This May Work,
    Peter

Wednesday, July 27, 2022 10:25 AM
  • When using a tablet pen, the idea is that it would mimic the mileage of a paper and pencil. The small fleck that indicates the position of the pen cursor is there for the purpose of fine- tuning your delicacy. Because tablets can be recalibrated( or calibrated inadequately) similar that the position of the pen cursor does not correspond to the exact position of the pen tip, it can make jotting delicate. This allows you to see where exactly you'll be writing once you apply pressure.

Still, the cursor will vanish when you lift the pen. This is on purpose, because if you're holding the stylus down from the tablet, you are not writing, and so knowing where the cursor was last serves no purpose. Readability is important, and having an obstructive cursor can make reading the textbook you just read offensive.
    Once you move the mouse, you can fluently see the position of the pen cursor. Indeed if you draw with the pen, using the mouse you'll( by dereliction) be using the" select and type" tool, which appears as a form of the" I- ray" cursor. You can use the inking tool with the mouse by opting it in the toolbar, which will beget you to retain the fleck cursor when moving the mouse, but this isn't necessary when using a digitizer pen/ tablet.
    • Edited by ZaraThaman Tuesday, August 2, 2022 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2022 11:06 AM
  • To follow the presenter's pointer during screen sharing: Start or join a meeting or webinar on a Zoom desktop client.
    Saturday, August 6, 2022 9:54 AM
  • Select Pen Mode, then choose Use Pen as Pointer. Note: If you find yourself using this feature frequently, right-click Use Pen as Pointer and choose Add to Quick Access Toolbar to pin the command to the top of your OneNote window.

Regards,
    Peter

Monday, August 8, 2022 6:05 AM