Multi node sync RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing a customer loyalty program that handle 20 shops and 1 HQ. I am facing a problem in deducting the member points.

Case 1:

When a customer go to shop A and used 10 points. Shop A's database deducted 10 points for this customer. I can using SF to synchronize the db with HQ server but how to sync it to other shops? What method should I use?

Case 2:

A customer has 10 points, he go to shop A used 10 points and then go to Shop B to use another 10 points immediately but Shop B server is offline. How can I handle this case?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:15 PM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, August 15, 2008 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

For Case 1#, you might consider using Bidirectional sync direction instead of UploadOnly sync direction.  When Bidirectional is used, sync service will upload the store change to HQ and then download HQ's change to the shop.  Since HQ's changes are all from other shops, therefore shop B will have shop A's change regarding that customer's points.

I do not have the best answer for Case 2 at this moment.  Let me try to find out and come back to you.

Thanks.

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:24 AM
    Answerer