How to print a quote with a custom mail merge template including multiple products and product images? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have been trying to print a quote using the Print Quote For Customer button on top of the form. I am only able to download the mail merge template but I am not able to print that quote using the same template. 

Also, I need to include the products image (entity image field in Product entity) in the template too. However, I don't see the entity image field in the list of fields available for selection. 

Kindly advise.

Fahad Ali Shaikh

Monday, October 27, 2014 3:07 PM

All replies

• I battled with Print Quote some time ago and gave up - I found it difficult to use and involved too many steps. If you have SQL Reporting Service writing skills then I think you are much better off writing an SSRS report, then all the user needs to do in the quote record is click Run Report and then click the name of the quote report. The report can be exported to pdf.

If you are using CRM Online you will need to use FetchXML to write the report query, if you use CRM on-premise you can use regular SQL to write the query.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:12 PM