none
SyncToy misses files when replicating from NAS to C:

Question

• I had a problem recently when replicating a new folder created on my T: drive (a NAS which is the RHS of sync-pair) to the C: drive (the LHS).

Of 168 files, only 165 were copied.  Missed files included one .html and 2 .png

Once the files are missed, then SyncToy continues to miss them.  I tried manually copying the three files to the C: drive, but this resulted in a SyncToy error for each file to say that it couldn't be created on the NAS.  I found that overwriting the three missed files on the NAS with identical copies resolved the problem however.

I've run several tests to see if this is repeatable - and it frequently happens, but not always the same files are involved.  Replicating from C: to NAS always seems to work, but not NAS to C:  I upgraded the driver in the NAS but this made no difference.

The files involved were auto-generated for a website and the ones that were missed have identical timestamps to their neighbours (listed by name).

Any ideas?

- Obviously I can keep on comparing file counts, working out which files are missed and manually resolving the difference, but this kind of negates the point of using a utility!

Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:44 AM

All replies

• This problem is still occurring.  Again, this was in replicating (a new folder) from NAS to C:

There were 171 files in the NAS folder and 167 in the C: 'replica'.  Missed files were: 1 .html;1 .jpj; and 2 .png.

As before, the files were computer-generated and 2 of them had identical timestamps to their neighbours (listed by name) and 2 of them had the same filename (but different extension) to a neighbour.

I'm running Windows 7 and SyncToy version 2.1.0.0.

Am I alone in experiencing this problem?

Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:42 PM