Remote Desktop for WHS 2011 and drag&drop functionality? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to update my iTunes cover art. For some reason the Itunes on my server refuses to allow it to update the access to the iStore, so I was going to manually drag cover art into iTunes.

I have the browser open (IE) in Remote Desktop, iTunes open and the songs selected I want to update artwork for and when I try to drag NOTHING happens. I tried saving the .jpg to Paint and dragging from there...same issue.

Is this functionality disabled in Remote Desktop? Is there a way to enable it? My server is in a rack in the closet...it'll be a monumental PITA to set up a monitor/keyboard/mouse and sit there and manually do it from the server.

Thanks...

Joe Raymond
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:35 PM

All replies

• The remote desktop certainly has no problems with drag and drop functionality using explorer.

I cannot comment on whether it should work within itunes as I do not use it.

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    Monday, February 6, 2012 10:57 PM
  • As far as I am aware, you can't drag & Drop from a Client to a Remote Desktop session if that's what you are trying to do. You can however Copy & Paste as long as you have enabled "Clipboard" under Local Resources of the Remote Desktop Connection window. As Frogz1 says above there should be no problem within the Remote Desktop Session.

Standard warning: You should of course not be browsing the Internet from your Server.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 11:27 PM