A problem with this web page caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab RRS feed

• Question

• Our end-users  are receiving this error (A problem with this web page caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab) multiple times while working on many parts of the application.  For instance browsing accounts, contacts, cases, Leads, user management, etc.

It is causing to close all pages and re open. We tried almost all possible solutions, however this error did not stop occurring. Not sure what is going wrong. Please let me know If you guys have any idea why it occurs randomly . Appreciate your help.

Environment details:  Browser: IE 10, Rollup 11 On-premise CRM 2011

Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:12 PM

Answers

• This happens when you have lot of JavaScript code in Form OnLoad event,

I would suggest revisit your JavaScript code what are you calling in OnLoad event and check if there is any way you can improve performance of that JavaScript code, or avoid some of the code in OnLoad event.

And also make sure users are using latest browser suggested by Microsoft.

And updated Browser Registry settings as told above also help.

• Marked as answer by VSomireddy Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• We saw this on our systems as well.  It usually occurs when a user opens a new window (like a record, or a lookup) and closes it quickly, before it can finish loading.  It's a flaw in the newer versions of IE.  It's actually meant to reduce the occurrence of IE hanging, but it crashes instead.  There's a registry change that can turn off this "feature" so it doesn't crash (and we did that to our dev boxes) but it's not really a "fix" that can be rolled out to a bunch of users.  If you have flexible clients willing to get their IT staff to do the fix, here's the fix as quoted in the following link:

Most likely the IE 9 crash is caused by an issue of “IE9 Hang Resistance feature”.  What I heard is that IE team is working on this IE 9 issue.

Setting the below registry entry could work around the issue for now. 
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\  
    Type: REG_DWORD  
    Name: HangRecovery  
    Value: 0

and here's the original discussion:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ebea0728-342b-4157-80cb-85c6a49adbca/ie-9-crashes-when-closing-a-form-too-quickly-crm-2011-on-prem-and-online

Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:55 PM
  • This happens when you have lot of JavaScript code in Form OnLoad event,

I would suggest revisit your JavaScript code what are you calling in OnLoad event and check if there is any way you can improve performance of that JavaScript code, or avoid some of the code in OnLoad event.

And also make sure users are using latest browser suggested by Microsoft.

And updated Browser Registry settings as told above also help.

• Marked as answer by VSomireddy Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:01 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:01 PM