Problem with CRM for Outlook Add-In RRS feed

• Question

• I’m developing an Outlook Add-in for Outlook 2007 using Visual Studio 2008 (C#) .  Without CRM Add-In for Outlook (CRM 4.0, Russian) everything works fine, but after installing it and closing Outlook, outlook.exe process hasn’t terminated. For a test, I’ve created a blank default Outlook Add-in C# Project in VS2008 and added some basic logic for testing. Well, the reaction of outlook.exe was the same: everything working correctly when it’s new blank add-in or CRM4Outlook, but together they didn’t allow outlook.exe to close.

Colleagues, If  you could give me guidance it would be most appreciated.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 12:58 PM

Answers

• Soon Microsoft will release a hotfix for CRM for Outlook Add-In. We're testing it and it's working great! Look for

KB Article Number(s): 952046

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:56 PM

All replies

• I would have to assume that you have a loop in there somewhere. The only reason the process would still be running if it wasn't able to close all of the Outlook program when it received it's termination call. I would suggest that you run through the application again and check if you have any for or while loops that aren't exiting.

Friday, August 22, 2008 4:10 AM
  • Thank you for your answer!

But i have no loops and i'm closing all created objects as needed.

For a test i've created blank outlook add-in solution in VS2008 and have the same problem. And i've tried english "CRM for outlook" add-in - no luck here too.

Friday, August 22, 2008 6:20 AM
  • Soon Microsoft will release a hotfix for CRM for Outlook Add-In. We're testing it and it's working great! Look for

KB Article Number(s): 952046

Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:56 PM